Guntersville Bass Guides Online Trip Booking.
- Fish With Jim, Myles, Mike, Phillip, Scott.
- We Can Book Same Day Trips If You Call Early Enough If Guides Are Available 256-698-6593
- Times On Calendar Are Only Estimated, & Are For Booking A.M. & P.M. Trips.
- Morning Times Are Safe Daylight And Will Be Confirmed The Evening Before The Trip By The Guide, As For Our Afternoon Trips The Guide Will Pick Exact Time.
- This Calendar Reflects 5 Guides Availability.
- Guides Availability ( so when a date isn’t available we are completely booked.
- After Deposit Is Made Your Will Receive A Confirmation Email
- If your looking for bass fishing guide...look no further! I was amazed how Capt.Jim made our trip a success in not so good conditions. He used his knowledge of the lake and experience to put us on fish. He brings a positive attitude, friendly personality, and a tenacious drive to make sure you are satisfied. “Goes above and beyond “. There is no doubt, when we go back it will be with Captain Jim.read moreread lessJohn Welch1/27/2019
- Wow! What an unforgettable day on the lake with Captain Jim, my 12 year old son, and Belle. I blindly started a search for a bass guide for a mother/son fishing trip and I struck gold. By some miracle, I selected Guntersville Bass Guides and gave Captain Jim a call. He answered right then and had us booked in a flash. He answered all of my lodging questions and even helped me out with a list of recommended restaurants. What seemed like a huge ordeal suddenly got really simple with the help of Capt. Jim!
We had the most excellent time, ever. My son and I have talked about it nonstop since we left Guntersville yesterday. He wants to go back at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break. And it gets a lot worse for my pocketbook - he wants the entire Spring Break Week.
Captain Jim was there waiting on us at 5:45 and Belle took off at full speed to meet us strangers at the boat ramp. What a welcome! Although Jim explained that the fish were acting a little funky the past few days, his enthusiasm and expertise never waned. He taught us about the entire ecosystem. We got an education as he patiently explained everything about fishing to us, along with water levels, grasses, how the dam affects the water level and how that affects the fish, water temperatures, best times of year for fishing Guntersville, and on and on. It was fascinating and SO MUCH FUN!!! Capt. Jim is THE most patient person ever. He "mentioned" to my son at least 100 times how to be patient and how to do this or that. And Capt. Jim worked like a dog to take us to the fish, untangle, fix, explain, etc. He did everything possible to make sure we had the time of our lives. No joke.
My son hauled in a couple of nice ones and although I won the grass-catching tournament, I'm not sure who had more fun ... my 12 year old son or me. I expected to have a nice time, but my main goal was a great outing for my son. Well, clearly the great outing part was achieved in the first 30 minutes and it only got better and better. But I was shocked that not only did I have a great outing ... it was one of the best days I can remember.
We will book again with Captain Jim and Belle just as soon as we can get back up there.
Y'all will not find a better time or a better guide. Book with Capt. Jim now - just don't book so many that we can't get back in!!
Go for it, y'all.read moreread lessHaden P.8/21/2017
- Jim Leary's Guntersville Bass Guides service is absolutely top notch. Jim Leary's Guntersville Bass Guides service is absolutely top notch. I never write google reviews, but after my trip I felt it would be a disservice to Jim if I didn't because I flat-out had one of the best afternoons fishing of my life. If you're looking to catch great fish and learn a ton, stop your search and call Jim to book a trip. It's like going out with a long-time fishing buddy, except he always answers his phone, he's punctual, and has everything prepared for you. I am a decently experienced fisherman but lack time spent on the water, so in addition to wanting to catch some Guntersville giants, I was really hoping to gain some knowledge. Check and check. Jim's knowledge of fish behavior and his adaptability are fantastic. As we went out, he said we were going to be doing something different than he had planned - but landing a 5-pounder on my 3rd cast proved he knew the right calls to make. We sacked up 6 that were photo-worthy weighing close to 30 pounds in 4 hours. Despite peppering him constantly with questions on hows and whys of fish theory, he graciously shared his knowledge and experience. The only thing we missed out on was the opportunity to get video footage of him bear hugging a 7-1/2 pounder over the side of the boat to make sure she didn't get away! Big thanks to you Jim - you'll be seeing me again for sure!read moreread lessAusten Laur4/28/2017
- Jim and Guntersville Bass Guides are the best!. My son and I went out and had a blast. My son Carter, 16, has much more experience and was on the fish right away. Capt Jim took some time with me and was very patient but also very intent on making sure I was on.
Once I got the hang of it I caught a good amount and really nice sized Large Mouth Bass.
Son's already talking about a return trip soon! What a day.read moreread lessJay Maurice6/18/2018
- An Unforgettable Day ! My wife booked an evening trip for me for my birthday on Lake Guntersville will Jim Leary. I had never been to G-Ville and did not know what to expect. After meeting Jim at the ramp and seeing some pictures from his morning trip, I was pumped. We took off and made it to our first and only spot and it was on. 25 + fish . We kept 15 of our biggest to weigh. The small 5 was around 17lbs. Our middle 5 was 25lbs and our biggest 5 was 35lbs. Wow ! Truly a trip of a lifetime. It was so good that i changed my plans and went back out the next morning, although the bite slowed down from a cold front, we still had our best 5 go 23lbs. G-Ville is definitely on right now.
As for Jim, you won't meet a nicer guy. He puts in work day after day to make sure his clients are satisfied. He's the type of guy that will make you feel right at home while away from home. I highly recommend Jim if your thinking about fishing G-Ville.read moreread lessDale Jones3/15/2018
- This was my wife and I first trip to Lake Guntersville and our first time meeting Jim. Great guy and an even better fishing experience. I caught my personal best and will be back to fish again. Thanks again for being so patient with us and giving us everything we expected.read moreread lessTaylor Sturdivant7/01/2018